April 5, 2013

Case Notes.






Someone asked if I was an expat living in Europe.  Alas no, I'm someone who wishes she was an American. I am, horrors, a wannabe.

I have a theory that all of the optimists sailed off to the Colonies hellbent on the pursuit of life, liberty and the perfect pair of elasticated pants whilst my forbears stood torn-faced on the doc muttering, "Abandon the button at your peril".

I dream of riding the trains across this vast continent, with a dog called “Boomer” by my side, slipping Patsy Cline’s interpretation of "Sweet Dreams" into the CD player, rolling up the sleeves of my checked shirt and swillin' mineral water out of a brown paper bag.  Not big or clever, but I'm dreaming, remember?

So if anyone wants to adopt me I'm fully house trained & don't cost much to feed...



No comments: